June 25, 2022
50% FESTIVAL + 50% MUD RUN = 100% AWESOME!
The ultimate obstacle course race is coming to Staten Island on June 25, 2022! Rugged Maniac boasts 25+ obstacles consisting of unlimited mud, giant inflatables, rope climbs, and our fan-favorite, sky-scraping waterslide, Accelerator 3.0.
Come test your limits and enjoy the day-long festival of ice-cold beer, rockin’ music, interactive games, and tons of delicious food. Learn more below!
June 25, 2022
Waves: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Waves take off every 15 minutes and are limited to just 200 Maniacs each!
OCEAN BREEZE PARK
625 FATHER CAPODANNO BLVD
STATEN ISLAND, NY 10305
Our course is the ultimate playground for adults. We offer 25+ obstacles over a 3.1-miles that include a 3-story water slide, all the mud one could possibly want, and tons of epic challenges along the way. Designed for both a thrill and for fun, thousands of Maniacs of all fitness levels take on our incredible race each year. Want to learn more about our obstacles? Click the link below.
Our day-long party starts at 8:30 a.m. with a DJ on the main stage, sponsor booths giving away free goodies, all kinds of fun games (dance-offs, stein-hoisting, pie-eating…), and tasty food and beer to keep you fueled all day. The best part? The festival and games are completely FREE!
- Parking Lot 4 (383 meters from complex)
- Parking Lot 5 (37 meters from complex)
- Parking Lot 6 (437 meters from complex)
- Parking Lot 8 & 9 (overflow lot)
Free, professional high-res photos will be emailed to all Maniacs as soon as they cross the finish line. If you’re looking for even more scenes from the event, click the link below, which will be updated on race day. Be sure to check back then!
As the official charity partner, Rugged Maniac will support the mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®. We can all (run) stand together to help end childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
WHAT YOU GET
HIGH-QUALITY TECH SHIRT
RACE MEDAL BOTTLE OPENER
ONE FREE BEER*
EVENT COVID-19 GUIDELINES
EDIT YOUR REGISTRATION
ARE YOU REGISTERED? CHECK HERE
- All participants must sign a waiver of liability.
- If there is severe weather that prevents the event from being held at all on Saturday, it will be moved to Sunday. If severe weather persists on Sunday, it will be moved to a later weekend date.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Event date and location are subject to change.
- *One free beer is limited to racers 21 years of age or older on race day.
- All sales are final. No refunds will be given, unless you are registered for a live race and the live race is cancelled by the event organizer due to COVID-19 or any of its variants (the “Pandemic”) and/or governmental restrictions put in place as a result of or in connection with the Pandemic which make the live race unfeasible or impractical to run, in which case refunds will be given in accordance with the below. A date or venue change is not a cancellation. Click here for more details.
We’re looking forward to bringing the Staten Island community together for this event and welcoming the entire New York City area to experience this truly unique part of the city. No matter where you are coming from, there are plenty of options to get you to Ocean Breeze!
Coming from outside of Staten Island via public transit?
Take the 1 train to South Ferry, R/W train to Whitehall St, or take the 4/5 to Bowling Green and take the Staten Island Ferry to St. George. The ferry departs every 30 minutes. We will be providing shuttle service from St. George to Ocean Breeze – see below for more information!
Want to take the NYC Fast Ferry? Take the St. George route from either Midtown West/Pier 79 or Battery Park City right to Staten Island. From there take our shuttle service to Ocean Breeze!
Driving to Staten Island?
Parking will be limited on race day, so we highly recommend carpooling and arriving with plenty of time before your wave. For a more worry-free option, drive and park at one of the lots in St. George, near the Staten Island Ferry, and take our shuttle service to Ocean Breeze!
Coming from Staten Island?
We recommend taking the S51 or S52 bus to Father Capodanno Blvd/Atlantic Ave- right across the street from our venue! We also recommend taking the Staten Island Railway to St. George and taking our shuttle service to Ocean Breeze! Participants should also consider utilizing ride share services and drop-offs for a worry-free experience. If driving, we recommend carpooling and arriving with plenty of time before your race.